The topic of sustainability has been very important to us for a long time, which is why we decided to carry out the certification process. It comprises 92 questions that must be answered in a test catalog. These were developed on the basis of internationally recognized frameworks for sustainability such as ISO 14001 (EMAS / environmental management), ISO 26000 (Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria (GSTC) for the hotel industry.
Our values - COMMON – APPRECIATIVE – CONTEMPORARY. are very important to us and the foundation of our actions. For us, this includes sustainable personnel management and fair pay, social and ecological sustainability and the associated preservation of resources.
But we want more! However, it takes a little patience before you can implement all plans.
What we have achieved so far: We are already working predominantly with companies that also act sustainably, avoid unnecessary paper consumption, save water and energy and buy regional products, if possible also organic. Our company work together as a team so that we can continuously improve.
Of course we are also dependent on the help of our guests. Therefore please pay attention to:
- The water consumption, do not let the water run unnecessarily.
- The energy to open the windows instead of turning on the air conditioning.
- Close the windows while the heating is running, only ventilate briefly.
- Avoid unnecessary printing, e.g. you will receive your booking confirmation or the invoice by email and you can also fill out the registration form in advance on your Hany.
- Separate your garbage! Garbage bins for paper, organic waste and residual waste are appropriately marked in our rooms.
- Better yet, avoid rubbish. You will be happy to receive one of our shopping bags at reception that you can use for shopping.
This is how we are currently. Our sustainability barometer:
Our goal is to become completely climate-neutral and in the first step in 2022 we started to offset the emissions produced.
Further activities/projects on the subject of sustainability (excerpt)
- Photovoltaic system on the hotel roof
- Insect hotel in the courtyard
- Own combined heat and power plant
- Guests can offset the emissions of the journey
- Special sustainable rates (incl. tree planting)
- Corporate forest in the Philippines